Housekeeper – Banagher Parish
10 hours per week – Monday and Wednesday 4.00pm to 7.00pm and Saturday 11.00am to 3.00pm
Part Time Permanent Contract
Current Rate of Pay: £9.00 per hour
Role: To provide a domestic service to the Administrator of Banagher Parish. The Housekeeper will be responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of all domestic matters in the Parochial House.
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Maintaining the house in an orderly manner. To include dusting, sweeping, mopping, cleaning and vacuuming.
- Ensure all laundry is completed as appropriate or individual items are taken to dry cleaners as required.
- Purchase groceries and prepare meals for priest in residence and visiting clergy on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with Pastoral and Financial Committees to ensure that facilities are provided for weekly/monthly meetings.
- Liaise with other pastoral groups to ensure that facilities are provided for weekly/monthly meetings.
- Ensure that pastoral information is conveyed to appropriate persons in timely manner.
- Provide refreshments to visitors to the Parochial House.
- Answer the telephone and greet visitors at the door as and when required.
- Deal with all enquiries in a discreet and confidential manner.
- Act in a courteous and polite way to occupants and visitors.
- Ensure that fire and safety equipment is regularly maintained by qualified company/individual and that health and safety regulations are always followed.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be requested to undertake other associated duties allocated by the Priest for the effective and reasonable running of the house.
- One years’ proven housekeeping and cooking experience with an employer or organisation, either in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Proven organisational skills
Please note: Essential Criteria may be enhanced to facilitate short-listing.
Derry Diocesan Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We welcome applications from all men and women and from members of all communities.