Catholic Marriage Care Service
There are four Accord Centres in the Diocese of Derry (Contact details below).
ACCORD, Catholic Marriage Care Service, is an Agency of the Irish Catholic Bishops' Conference.
It has centres located throughout the dioceses of Ireland. Its ministry is primarily concerned with supporting the sacrament of marriage by helping couples as they prepare for marriage and offering support to them in their marriage relationship. ACCORD's aim is to promote a better understanding of Christian marriage and to help couples initiate, sustain and enrich their commitment to one another and to family life. ACCORD's core services include Marriage Preparation, Marriage Counselling and Relationship and Sexuality Education (RSE) though its Schools Programmes.
For further information phone your local ACCORD Centre, or ACCORD Central Office.
Or visit either www.accord.ie or if in Northern Ireland www.accordni.com
Accord is a voluntary organisation whose aim is:
- To promote a better understanding of Christian Marriage
- To help people to initiate, sustain and enrich their marriage and family relationships.
- To support people who are experiencing difficulties in their relationship.
Accord provides marriage care or marriage guidance:
- Marriage care is the counselling and education service for groups which includes Marriage Preparation and Schools Programmes.
- Marriage Guidance is the couple or individual counselling service which covers Marriage Counselling, Fertility Counselling and Marital Sex Therapy.
Offices: Diocesan Pastoral Centre, 164 Bishop Street, Derry, BT48 6UJ.
Tel: 028 – 7136 2475
Fax: 028 – 7126 0970
Chairperson: Mrs Bernadette Kerlin
Administrative Secretary: Mrs Rosemary Crossan
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9.30am – 1.30pm
OmaghOffice: Pastoral Centre, Mount St Columba, 48 Brook Street, Omagh, Co Tyrone BT78 5HD
Tel: 028 – 8224 2439
Chairperson: Mrs Patricia McGurk
Appts & Comm Secretary: Mrs Elizabeth Edgar
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
MagheraOffices: The Pastoral Centre, 159 Glen Road, Maghera, Co Derry.
Tel: 028 – 7964 2983
Chairperson: Mr Patrick Doherty Secretary: Mrs Rosemary Devlin
Administrative Secretary: Mrs Mona O'Kane
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9.30am – 5pm,
InishowenOffice: The Pastoral Centre, Carndonagh, Co Donegal.
Tel: 074 – 9374103
Chairperson: Mary McColgan
Secretary: Kay Doherty
Appointments Secretary: Mrs Breege Canny
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 10.00am – 1.00pm